Results of the public call for the selection of non-structural projects for flood risk reduction in the territory of 14 municipalities in the Vrbas River BasinJun 13, 2017
A public call for the selection of non-structural projects to reduce the risk of flooding in the territory of 14 municipalities in the Vrbas river basin was published on 13.04.2017, and the deadline for submitting the applications was 10.05.2017. Thirteen municipalities submitted their applications, and 26 projects were nominated. Over the past period, verification of the projects and site visits with representatives of AVP Sava and JU Vode Srpske as well as representatives of municipalities were carried out. Based on the information collected and in accordance with the project scoring, the Evaluation and Ranking Committee of received projects selected the following locations for the implementation of non-structural measures to reduce the risk of floods.
- City of Banja Luka: Reconstruction of the Jularac and Podstrana watercourses
- Municipality of Bugojno: Reconstruction of the Vrbas River basin in the settllment of Gračanica
- Municipality of Laktaši: Cleaning the canal in Glamočani
- Municipality of Laktaši: Reconstruction of Šušnjari-Veliko Blasko channel
- Municipality of Laktaši: Cleaning and reconstruction of the Turjanica river basin
- Municipality of Laktaši: Cleaning and reconstruction the river bed of Bukovica
- Municipality of Gornji Vakuf - Uskoplje: Cleaning the channels and strengthening of embankments on the Vrbas river in Gornji Vakuf - "Dražev Dolac-Humac"
- Municipality of Kneževo: Regulation of the watercourse of Torlakova voda-Šervalovac-Bukovica
- Municipality of Srbac: Rehabilitation of critical parts of the Povelić and Ina watercourses
- Municipality of Kotor Varos: consolidation of left side of Vrbanja river bank
The selected projects will be implemented by UNDP BiH, within the project "Technology Transfer for Climate Resilient Flood Management in the Vrbas River Basin".
The UNDP's Global Fund for the Environment (GEF) project "Technology Transfer for Climate Resilient Flood Management in the Vrbas River Basin" is implemented in co-operation with the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Ministry of Spatial Planning, Construction and Ecology of the Republic of Srpska, respective entity ministries responsible for water management and civil protection, and 14 municipalities* in the Vrbas river basin. The project aims to enable BiH authorities at all levels to adapt to flood risks using technologies that will enable economic activities that are resistant to climate change.
*Gradiška, Srbac, Laktaši, Banja Luka, Čelinac, Kotor Varoš, Kneževo, Mrkonjić Grad, Jezero, Jajce, Šipovo, Donji Vakuf, Bugojno, Gornji Vakuf