200 ideas for a better local communityJun 12, 2017
Over 200 business ideas from various areas with a social responsibility component were presented during six Start-up Days #Kreni, which were held in Tešanj, Zenica, Sarajevo, Ljubuški, Bijeljina and Banja Luka, gathering more than 1,000 participants from 25 partner local communities on the project Strengthening the role of local communities in BiH, a joint project of the Government of Switzerland and the Government of Sweden, implemented by UNDP.
“These events have shown that a start-up way of thinking can help in developing skills that are important to improvement in communities, and that the presented ideas indicate the will and desire for change, but also the readiness for individual contribution at the social level”, said Majda Ganibegović, UNDP Project manager in BiH, and stressed that this platform points to possible cooperation and synergy between representatives of local communities, nongovernmental organizations, youth and the private sector.
18 winner ideas were awarded with the award plaques, symbolic cash prizes, active promotion on social network channels, mentoring by the Start-up sector with the Networks Foundation, as well as mentoring by successful entrepreneurs from the industry through partners of the Networks Foundation.
With the help of experts who encourage social development, create business solutions and have the knowledge, skills and contacts that impact economic changes in BiH, all 18 finalists have the opportunity to obtain the advices on how to integrate project ideas into their communities in the best possible way.
In addition, all finalists with their team members got tickets for motivational events, as well as hack4MZ workshops, where they will be able to elaborate in detail the elements of the business model plan of their ideas, which will be held throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina in the period from June to September 2017.
Five most successfully elaborated ideas will get access to the start-up fund in October 2017 and will have the opportunity to present their success at the Sarajevo Unlimited 2017 business innovation forum that is scheduled for November this year.
Edin Mehić, co-founder of the Networks, said that all six start-ups that were held in Tešanj, Zenica, Sarajevo, Bijeljina, Ljubuški and Banja Luka and the total number of participants represent a sufficient indicator of people's interest in such initiatives and the need for the citizens to map local problems, propose their solutions and work on their solving by applying the start-up methodology.
Start-up Day is one of the activities within the project “Strengthening the role of local communities in BiH”, which represents a joint project of the Government of Switzerland and the Government of Sweden, worth 14,5 million KM, and it is implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The aim of the project is to increase the democratic and direct participation of citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina in local governance, strengthen municipal responsibilities and improve the infrastructure and services at the level of local communities. 142 local communities and 25 local governments throughout the country will participate in the first phase of the project, which will contribute to improving the quality of life of 300,000 people throughout the country.
Start-up day in Tešanj
1. EnergyFair – Slađana Mitrović – Lazarević (Petrovo)
2. Projekti za sve/Projects for everyone – Adisa Spahić and Mirsada Mekić (Tešanj)
3. Motikos – Ekipa/Team (Gračanica)
Start-up day in Zenica
1. “Ekstraktor” – Tim Gimnazije/The team of General-education Secondary School “Visoko” (Visoko)
2. “Agro Pelet”/”Agri-pellet”– (Žepče)
3. “3D printeri u medicini”/”3D printers in medicine” – (Zenica)
Start-up day in Sarajevo
1. Vezirovim stopama/Following vizier's footsteps (Rudo)
2. Postrojenje za reciklažu otpada/ Waste recycling plant (Olovo)
3. Uzgajanje industrijske konoplje/Industrial hemp cultivation (Olovo)
Start-up day in Ljubuški
1. “Udruženje kreativnih žena”/”Association of Creative Women” (Ljubinje)
2. “Slađi život za osobe s invaliditetom”/”Sweeter life for persons with disabilities” (Nevesinje)
3. “Uzgajanje organskog povrća – plastenik”/”Organic vegetable growing – greenhouse” (Ljubinje)
Start-up day in Bijeljina
1. “Srednjoškolac.ba” (Bijeljina)
2. “Push for Tush” (Gradačac)
3. “Kućna njega”/”Home Care” (Bijeljina)
Start-up day in Banja Luka
1. “Medena kućica”/”Gingerbread house” (Kotor Varoš)
2. “Hostel u Ključu”/”Hostel in Ključ” (Ključ)
3. “Trim staza”/“Trim path“(Banja Luka)