Fifteen New Projects for the Population of Western Bosnia
Aug 4, 2014
In her official three-day visit, Ms Zahira Virani, Deputy Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), paid a visit to flood-affected areas, as well as municipalities of Bihać, Prijedor, Sanski Most, Bosanski Petrovac and Ključ, as municipalities assisted by UNDP in the field of local development.
Ms Virani met with municipal mayors, partners and citizens, and announced a successful launch of as many as 15 new projects in the region, focusing on reconstruction of flood-related damages within the project Today for Us, including employment and training, improvement of infrastructure and energy efficiency, assistance to returnee families and residents with special needs, as well as improving the water supply system. These projects are implemented as a part UNDP activities, as well as a part of Migration and Development Project and Integrated Local Development Project (ILDP).
“I am very pleased with our excellent cooperation with the local authorities and happy for a number of projects to be implemented in support of local development and improvement of quality of life of citizens in Bihać, Bosanski Petrovac, Ključ, Prijedor and Sanski Most. Our field presence and assistance to the most vulnerable is extremely important, as well as enabling socioeconomic development and recovery”, said Ms Zahira Virani, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative during her visit.
The total value of activities implemented as a part of Integrated Local Development Project and Migration and Development Project in the City of Prijedor and municipalities of Bihać, Sanski Most and Ključ is BAM 438.000. Most of the funds were secured by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), as the main partner in ILDP and Migration and Development projects, carried out in cooperation with the Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the FBiH Ministry of Justice, the RS Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Governance, the FBiH and RS Association of Cities and Municipalities, and selected municipalities. All projects are co-financed by municipalities where projects are being implemented.
- 27 May 2016:Through better municipal performance and business environment towards improved services for the citizens, economic prospects and employment opportunities
- 26 May 2016:Trebinje Heading Towards A More Humane Addressing of the Stray Dog Issue
- 23 May 2016:The Administrator of UNDP Helen Clark talked with the young entrepreneurs in BiH about the challenges and solutions to the youth unemployment problem in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- United Nations in BiH Friday AT 03:34 AM
- Trebinje na putu prema humanijem rješavanju problema pasa lutalica http://bit.ly/1P02ZFd #International Fund for Animal Welfare - IFAW 26 May AT 09:45 AM
- [VIDEO] N1 na 1 intervju sa Helen Clark, podsekretarkom Ujedinjenih nacija (UN), administratoricom Razvojnog programa UN-a (UNDP) i kandidatkinjom za generalnog sekretara UN-a. 25 May AT 11:02 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook