Fifteen New Projects for the Population of Western Bosnia
Aug 4, 2014
In her official three-day visit, Ms Zahira Virani, Deputy Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), paid a visit to flood-affected areas, as well as municipalities of Bihać, Prijedor, Sanski Most, Bosanski Petrovac and Ključ, as municipalities assisted by UNDP in the field of local development.
Ms Virani met with municipal mayors, partners and citizens, and announced a successful launch of as many as 15 new projects in the region, focusing on reconstruction of flood-related damages within the project Today for Us, including employment and training, improvement of infrastructure and energy efficiency, assistance to returnee families and residents with special needs, as well as improving the water supply system. These projects are implemented as a part UNDP activities, as well as a part of Migration and Development Project and Integrated Local Development Project (ILDP).
“I am very pleased with our excellent cooperation with the local authorities and happy for a number of projects to be implemented in support of local development and improvement of quality of life of citizens in Bihać, Bosanski Petrovac, Ključ, Prijedor and Sanski Most. Our field presence and assistance to the most vulnerable is extremely important, as well as enabling socioeconomic development and recovery”, said Ms Zahira Virani, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative during her visit.
The total value of activities implemented as a part of Integrated Local Development Project and Migration and Development Project in the City of Prijedor and municipalities of Bihać, Sanski Most and Ključ is BAM 438.000. Most of the funds were secured by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), as the main partner in ILDP and Migration and Development projects, carried out in cooperation with the Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the FBiH Ministry of Justice, the RS Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Governance, the FBiH and RS Association of Cities and Municipalities, and selected municipalities. All projects are co-financed by municipalities where projects are being implemented.
- 25 Jul 2016: 18 municipalities and cities selected in the first implementation phase of the Municipal Environmental and Economic Governance (MEG) project worth 21 million convertible marks
- 15 Jul 2016:The First Integrated Methodology for Development of Flood Hazard Maps and Risk Maps in BiH
- 13 Jul 2016:EU/UNDP project forges partnerships between local authorities and civil society
- Po prvi put u historiji, više od polovine svjetske populacije čini gradsko stanovništvo. Do 2030. godine se predviđa rast gradskog stanovništa za 1,5 milijardu, najvećim dijelom u zemljama u razvoju. Ovaj rast urbanih sredina će imati široke posljedice za privredu, društvo i okoliš. Prepoznajući važnost problema rasta urbanog razvoja, UNDP danas je pokrenuo online platformu #UNDP4URBAN #SGD11 www.undp4urban.org 2 hours ago
- Potpisani ugovori o poticajnim sredstvima za zone u Federaciji BiH U okviru Projekta lokalnog integriranog razvoja (LIR), kojeg finansira EU a implementira UNDP, potpisani ugovori o poticajnim sredstvima za unapređenje poduzetničkih zona u FBiH. Više: http://www.ba.undp.org/content/bosnia_and_herzegovina/bs/home/presscenter/articles/2016/07/28/potpisani-ugovori-o-poticajnim-sredstvima-za-zone-u-federaciji-bih.html Yesterday AT 06:04 AM
- 2016. je posebna godina za UNDP. Obilježavamo 50 godina postojanja u svijetu i 20 godina djelovanja u Bosni i Hercegovini. Do sada smo rođendan proslavili u Sarajevu, Mostaru i Trebinju, a uskoro smo i u Banja Luci i Bihaću. Stay tuned and follow #UNDP50 here. Yesterday AT 05:25 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook