Fifteen New Projects for the Population of Western Bosnia
Aug 4, 2014
In her official three-day visit, Ms Zahira Virani, Deputy Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), paid a visit to flood-affected areas, as well as municipalities of Bihać, Prijedor, Sanski Most, Bosanski Petrovac and Ključ, as municipalities assisted by UNDP in the field of local development.
Ms Virani met with municipal mayors, partners and citizens, and announced a successful launch of as many as 15 new projects in the region, focusing on reconstruction of flood-related damages within the project Today for Us, including employment and training, improvement of infrastructure and energy efficiency, assistance to returnee families and residents with special needs, as well as improving the water supply system. These projects are implemented as a part UNDP activities, as well as a part of Migration and Development Project and Integrated Local Development Project (ILDP).
“I am very pleased with our excellent cooperation with the local authorities and happy for a number of projects to be implemented in support of local development and improvement of quality of life of citizens in Bihać, Bosanski Petrovac, Ključ, Prijedor and Sanski Most. Our field presence and assistance to the most vulnerable is extremely important, as well as enabling socioeconomic development and recovery”, said Ms Zahira Virani, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative during her visit.
The total value of activities implemented as a part of Integrated Local Development Project and Migration and Development Project in the City of Prijedor and municipalities of Bihać, Sanski Most and Ključ is BAM 438.000. Most of the funds were secured by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), as the main partner in ILDP and Migration and Development projects, carried out in cooperation with the Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the FBiH Ministry of Justice, the RS Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Governance, the FBiH and RS Association of Cities and Municipalities, and selected municipalities. All projects are co-financed by municipalities where projects are being implemented.
- 15 Jul 2016:The First Integrated Methodology for Development of Flood Hazard Maps and Risk Maps in BiH
- 13 Jul 2016:EU/UNDP project forges partnerships between local authorities and civil society
- 30 Jun 2016:Additional local governments joined the project "Strengthening the role of local communities in BiH"
- Slavlje ispred Mepas Mall-a u Mostaru je počelo! Crtamo, družimo se, plešemo...Zabava traje do 22 sata, imate još vremena da nam se pridružite.#UNDP50 Yesterday AT 02:37 PM
- Jeste li spremni večeras da zajedno sa nama obilježimo naš jubilej. Učinite vašu večernju šetnju opuštenijom i pridružite se našoj proslavi. Mepas Mall od 19h. #UNDP50 Yesterday AT 07:04 AM
- Bosnia & Herzegovina became the first country in south-east Europe to provide explicit protection for intersex people in all spheres of life. This is one of the several amendments to the anti-discrimination law which makes the legal framework on anti-discrimination stronger and more advanced in relation to #LGBTI rights. Read more: http://bit.ly/29SMFmk Yesterday AT 05:05 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook