Social Good Summit 2013Sep 25, 2013
By organizing the first Social Good Summit, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) supported the inclusion of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the global discussion about modern technology and how it can help build a better world. The event, held at the United Nations in Sarajevo gathered pioneers in the use of modern technology, which discussed the new ideas and present current and future projects focused on: the power of innovative thinking and innovative technologies to solve various social barriers.
Participants of the meeting were presented innovative projects from United Nations Development Programme, the World Bank, the Association "Zašto ne (Why not)“, Centara civilnih inicijativa (Centres of Civic Initiatives), Green Visions, the Association Aarhus, the Association "doIT" and Internews BiH:
- Bolji Ustav (Better Constitution),
- Virtuelni Parlament (Virtual Parliament),
- Tourist mobile app „BiH guide“,
- „The Open Local Government“,
- Prvi e-portal za osobe sa poteškoćama u razvoju,
- Internews’ projects "Media literacy and media watchdog platform“, „Innovation Labs“, as well as activities conducted with the media on use of new and social media platforms/technologies,
- First regional data base of technologies for persons with disabilities, with aid providers directory and "one-stop-shop" for e-accessibility,
- First online education software in BSC language,
- First regional web site for visually impaired persons,
- Portal Aarhus
- Online network of free legal aid providers.