New Projects in Old Town Sarajevo Municipality
Signing ceremony with civil society organizations for the implementation of activities in the territory of the Municipality of Old Town Sarajevo was organized on 27th March 2013, within framework of third phase of the UNDP Project Strengthening Local Democracy (LOD III), which is being implemented in 11 partner municipalities, organized. On that occasion, the guests were addressed by Ibrahim Hadžibajrić, municipal Mayor, Natalia Dianiskova, Head of Section for Operations, Social Development, Civil society and Cross-border cooperation of the EU Delegation in BiH, and Adela Pozder-Čengić, chief of the Division for Rural and Regional Development UNDP BiH.
To the address of the Old City came a total of 138 proposals, of which seven were chosen the best, among them are:
1. EDUS - „Stari Grad Municipality- Center of Progress for children with developmental delays
2. Fondacija lokalne demokratije - Cultural Heritage is IN
3. RODA - Training of young, unemployed people to the labor market
4. Svjetlo – Together, we create equal opportunities, getting to know and our municipality Stari Grad
5. XY - Prevention of peer violence among youth in municipality Stari Grad Sarajevo
6. Nove mogucnosti - Education to employment
7. Infohouse - Professional orientation of young activists
It is planned to invest around 306,250.00 BAM in selected projects, of which 15% will be co-funded by municipally. Civil society organizations, during the implementation of their projects, during the period of 10 months, will be working on strengthening the municipal capacities, especially in the field of employment and violence prevention.
"This is one of the best and most transparent ways to spend the funds. In this case, through UNDP, we will be able to control the whole process of projects implementation, said Mayor Hadžibajrić.
“This model of implementation and collaboration between municipalities and NGOs is very important, and will enable municipalities to provide better services for BiH citizens. ", explained Ms. Dianiskova
UNDP project “UNDP Project Strengthening Local Democracy III (LOD III), is funded by the European Union’s Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) in amount of 2 million Euros in order to contribute to the democratic stabilization, reconciliation and further development of Bosnia and Herzegovina through support to selected municipalities in establishing better relations between local authorities and civil society.